Home   |   Contact  |   Resources  |   Translate this page



  • livegeelong banner

Covid-19 is having a major impact across the globe. Our thoughts are with everyone during this challenging time, particularly you, our international student community. We know that some international students are finding it hard to meet their living expenses, while others may want to return home, but at the moment this may not be possible.

International students’ first point of contact should be their institution. However, there are also government services and organisations that can provide assistance, whether it be food relief, financial assistance or mental health/wellbeing support. Help may also be available from your Embassy or local Consular Office.

For information on changes to facilities, services and events within the City of Greater Geelong visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/covid19.

If you suspect you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days. 1800 675 398

Please remember that you are not alone - we are #InThisTogether.

Stay Healthy and Informed

Victoria's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website provides health information and advice on COVID-19 in English and multiple languages. This includes information on Covid-19 symptoms, prevention, hygiene and handwashing, physical distancing requirements, restrictions and self isolation in Victoria.

Make sure you get correct and up-to-date Covid-19 information for Victoria by following:

Study Melbourne Support

Study Melbourne shares current and accurate information, and connects all international students in Victoria to resources that can help. The Study Melbourne Student Centre can assist you to access services, and provide free and confidential information, support and practical help. This includes the Victorian Government’s $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund, mental health services, accommodation and employment legal advice and referrals to other servicers.

Local and Online Support

There are many local organisations that can provide a range of assistance, including food relief, legal services and mental health/wellbeing support. It is important to remember to use the services offered by your education provider, but support from other organisations is also available.