Mental Health and Wellbeing
COVID-19 is causing uncertainty for young people. It is normal in challenging circumstances to feel sad, worried, confused, scared or angry. If you are concerned about changes in your behaviour or you are struggling with your response, it is ok to ask for support. Seeking help will not affect your enrolment or your visa.
- Reach out and access the support services available from your institution and Study Melbourne.
- Contact your Overseas Student Health Cover insurance provider for advice on the services available.
- Stay in contact with friends and family online and by phone and join online activities offered by your education provider, the local community, Study Geelong and Study Melbourne.
- Access the support of other organisations available in Australia:
Phone: 13 11 14
A free interpreting service for people who do not speak English is available at 13 11 14.
To access this service please:
1) Call TIS on 131 450 and ask to talk to Lifeline on 13 11 14 in the language required.
2) TIS will call 13 11 14 on behalf of the caller.
Phone: 1300 22 4636
Partners in Wellbeing
Available 9am – 10pm weekdays and 9am – 5pm weekends, phone: 1300 375 330
Phone: 1300 789 978
Phone:1800 55 1800
Suicide Call Back Service
- Suicide Call Back Service is a nationwide service providing 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people affected by suicide.
Phone: 1800 659 467
National Sexual Assault Domestic Family Violence Counselling
Phone: 1800 737 732
Embrace Multicultural Mental Health
Head to Health
- Psychological tips for coping with infectious diseases
- Supporting culturally and linguistically diverse people
- How to cope with stress related to COVID-19 online resource
- Translation into 21 languages about services
City of Greater Geelong
- Healthy at Home toolkit. It has tips and advice on food and nutrition, mindfulness exercises, mental health and wellbeing and more.
Beyond Blue - Personal Best
- Suggested activities, guidance and inspiration to help you find the balance in all areas of your life while navigating the ups and downs